With that said, I’ll explore how to prepare for the 2020 recession before it occurs.
8 Ways to Recession-Proof Your Finances
Tip #1: Solidify your emergency fund.
Tip #2: Draft your ‘scorched earth’ budget.
Tip #3: Ditch debt.
Tip #4: Get comfortable living on less.
Tip #5: Master the art of this side hustle.
Tip #6: Save, save and then save some more.
Tip #7: Invest strategically and continuously.
Tip #8: Stock up on household items and food.
I don’t know if a recession will happen in 2020 or not. But what I do know is this. Having a solid financial foundation is ALWAYS relevant.
If a recession hits tomorrow, would you be ready? Which of these tips do you need to work on the most?
Frugal Chic Life Recommends:
- Personal Capital– The best FREE way to track your spending, income, and investments all in one location.
- Tello Mobile- I Pay $14 per month with this cell phone service. Use your existing phone, no contract, and no fees whatsoever
- 18 Must-Read Personal Finance Books
- The Beyond the Budget Planner is the best budget planner around, especially if you like to budget with pen and paper
- Sign Up for a Free 30-Day Audible Trial and get a FREE audiobook
- Bestow offers Life Insurance Coverage Starting at $5/month